I guess TV makes many things look better than it really is
Is a mid-life crisis really that bad? I mean, maybe its just me watching too much TV. But all the men I've seen on TV going through a mid-life crisis don't look too shabby. Slouching on couches, beer in hand, drunk, untidy room, watching TV or playing video games, scruffy beard. WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE IN THAT PICTURE?! Sitting at home all day, enjoying TV, video games and getting wasted while you're at it. On a daily basis! I'd say that's the life right there. And if I had to guess, a mid-life crisis would be working really hard to earn money so that you can eventually, in the bigger picture, enjoy the fruits of your labour but in turn you find yourself working so hard to earn that money that you get sucked into this really thick vortex of working really hard and you can't escape and you realise that you're not enjoying anything anymore at all so you quit your job, take all that money you've earned and by that time you've forgotten how to enjoy yourself so you just sit on your couch and waste your fortune off on booze, grow a scruffy beard and that to you, is enjoyment, making up for all those lost years of slaving for nothing that ever was of any importance to you and then you realise that this isn't enjoyment, this is a mid-life crisis. And that is where it begins. After the realisation. You start going back and forth. Should I go back to work, should I stay like this, this seems fun, I don't want to work, you get tired of doing this every single day so by the end of the day you drink yourself half to death and you wake up with a splitting headache but after awhile you don't feel it anymore. And by that time you'd be able to think clearly and continuously about what you should do in your life. But you still keep drinking, it doesn't work anymore because you've drank so much you're almost immune to the effects of alcohol and by then, all the money you've worked so hard for has been wasted on getting wasted. And that my dear readers is when you get back on your feet and start your life over, to get more money of course. But that's just me, if I had to guess.
Labels: And the moral of the story is: I can write really long sentences. And some even lose their meaning half way. Hahah.